This conference hosting service is provided to the informatics community for conferences that pertain to ecological, environmental, or biodiversity informatics and allied fields. The service is provided by the National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS).
Environmental Information Management
EIM provides a forum for information management practitioners, scientists, and informatics researchers to present and discuss advances in environmental information management, analysis, and modeling.
Theme: Managing Sensor Data in Near Real Time
Additional topics for submissions include (but are not limited to):
- Sensor networking and deployment
- Data acquisition, field-computing devices
- Quality control processing
- Data archival for long-term persistence
- Metadata generation, storage, and management
- Metadata-driven data analysis services
- Data and metadata semantics, controlled vocabularies, and ontologies
- Analysis and modeling frameworks
- Data and metadata versioning and lineage
- Visualization tools
- Geospatial tools, applications, and standards
- Sociology of collaboration and data sharing
- Paper Submission deadline:
April 15, 2008Extended to April 30, 2008
- Poster Submission deadline: July 31, 2008
- Paper notification date: May 30, 2008
- Poster notification date: August 15, 2008
- Early Registration deadline: April 15, 2008
- Regular registration deadline: August 1, 2008
See the Conference timeline for other dates and deadlines.
International Society for Ecological Informatics
The 6th Ecological Informatics Conference focuses on interdisciplinary research in Ecological Informatics by providing a forum for quantitative ecologists and biologists, environmental scientists and agencies, mathematicians, engineers, computer and information scientists. After holding previous ISEI conferences in Toulouse (France) in 1998, Adelaide (Australia) in 2000, Rome (Italy) in 2002, Busan (South Korea) in 2004, Santa Barbara (USA) in 2006, this will be the first ISEI conference on the Latin American region.