EIM provides a forum for information management practitioners, scientists, and informatics researchers to present and discuss advances in environmental information management, analysis, and modeling.
Theme: Managing Sensor Data in Near Real Time
Additional topics for submissions include (but are not limited to):
- Sensor networking and deployment
- Data acquisition, field-computing devices
- Quality control processing
- Data archival for long-term persistence
- Metadata generation, storage, and management
- Metadata-driven data analysis services
- Data and metadata semantics, controlled vocabularies, and ontologies
- Analysis and modeling frameworks
- Data and metadata versioning and lineage
- Visualization tools
- Geospatial tools, applications, and standards
- Sociology of collaboration and data sharing
- Paper Submission deadline:
April 15, 2008Extended to April 30, 2008
- Poster Submission deadline: July 31, 2008
- Paper notification date: May 30, 2008
- Poster notification date: August 15, 2008
- Early Registration deadline: April 15, 2008
- Regular registration deadline: August 1, 2008
Environmental Information Management 2008September 10, 2008 – September 11, 2008
This conference is intended to bring together informatics practitioners, developers and environmental scientists interested in technologies that enable data collection, description, curation, discovery, access, integration and analysis in all disciplines of environmental research. It provides a forum to build partnerships, explore solutions to the common challenges faced by environmental observatories, and to present advances in community standards, practical system design, implementation and assessment. Share your experiences and knowledge both informally and formally with an oral presentation that will be published in the Conference Proceedings, or a poster or a demonstration of new developments. Provide input to the discussion of future meeting venues and formats.
International Conference on Ecological Informatics 6December 2, 2008 – December 5, 2008
Theme: Data and Software Sharing: Key to Sustainable Ecological Solutions
The Conference Program includes listings of all oral paper and poster sessions and their times during ISEI6.
Final paper submissions are due December 2, 2008 and should be submitted to Ecological Informatics. Please strictly follow the content and formatting guidelines for Ecological Informatics when preparing your submission.
Ecological Informatics emphasizes information processing from genomes to ecosystems, meta-information concepts for ecological data management, computational ordination, clustering and forecasting of complex ecological interactions, and facilitating informed decision making for sustainable ecosystem management.
The conference theme of ISEI6 will be 'Data and Software Sharing: Key to Sustainable Ecological Solutions'. The ISEI6 organisers feel committed to overcome the current fragmentation and incompatibility of ecological data and information, and promote local and global networking, sharing and exploration of ecological information by means of advanced computer technology.
Selected papers of the conference will be published in special issues of the international journal Ecological Informatics that is published by Elsevier B.V. since 2006.
- Abstracts due (deadline extended): April 30, 2008
- Early registration deadline: September 15, 2008
- Full papers due: December 2, 2008, and should be submitted to Ecological Informatics. Please strictly follow the content and formatting guidelines for Ecological Informatics when preparing your submission.
- See the Timeline for other important deadlines
See the Conference timeline for other dates and deadlines.
The 6th Ecological Informatics Conference focuses on interdisciplinary research in Ecological Informatics by providing a forum for quantitative ecologists and biologists, environmental scientists and agencies, mathematicians, engineers, computer and information scientists. After holding previous ISEI conferences in Toulouse (France) in 1998, Adelaide (Australia) in 2000, Rome (Italy) in 2002, Busan (South Korea) in 2004, Santa Barbara (USA) in 2006, this will be the first ISEI conference on the Latin American region.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.